Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Upcoming Adventure...

In a little less than 2 weeks, we'll be heading out to Scotland. Jody is very excited. Stephanie is getting excited, and Abby is just happy to be finished with school and be with Mom and Dad! This trip will provide much opportunity to be together--that's for sure! Jody and I are just hoping that we've thought of everything and have sufficiently prepared for this trip--there's a lot to think about!

We have passports, international driver's licenses, British pounds, plane tickets, rental car reservations, bed and breakfast reservations for a few small excursions, and a home base to stay.

We will mostly be staying in a small town called Buckie in Northern Scotland. Since Jody is on sabbatical from teaching this semester, he hopes to do some writing and research while surrounded by the beauty of Scotland. We are also using this opportunity to see some religious and historic sites in Great Britain and UK. We wanted to keep a log of our travels and keep our family and friends updated.

Pray for us in our travels, and pray that we can be a light to all those we meet!

4 comments:

  1. Hey - I just realized that my mom's family is from Edinburgh, Scotland. That is 3 hours or so south of where you'll be. If you meet any Veatch's - they are probably my kin!

    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody, Stephanie, and Abby:

    Thank you for letting me know about your blog.
    We will remember you all in my prayers.

    -Yong Hwan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck and I wish you all the best and thanks for telling us about your Blog, I'll RSS to the feed so I can stay updated on things when you post new things. Hope all the best to you on the tip there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi to my precious family! Sounds like you are having a great adventure. Abby, Grandma likes your bedroom and all the pics Mommy is posting for all of us at home. I miss you all and will keep reading about your fun in Scotland.
    Thanks Stephanie for taking time to blog.
    Love, Grandma in Knoxville

    ReplyDelete