Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Post 24: A School Carnival
















We spent the afternoon with Anne and her boys on Saturday afternoon. Mack's school in Findochty was having a carnival, so they invited us along. School carnivals here are much like those in the United States--inflatables, homemade games, raffles, baked goodies, face painting, and food.
Here, they had a tea room, where hot tea was served instead of cold drinks. One thing I really miss here when we go out is ice! There were no coolers for ice or drinks anywhere--imagine! They say it never gets hot enough to need ice, but I like cold drinks in hot or cold weather.
Abby and I enjoyed watching Highland dancers. I can say I've never seen that in Tennessee, although I have seen a lot of clogging during blue grass street festivals in Ducktown--ye, haw!
Abby felt very special getting her face painted (it was supposed to be a fairy, but the lady painted an angel). Abby loved it anyway since she had sparkly glitter!
After the carnival, we headed down to the small beach in Findochty. Mack put on his wet suit and jumped right in! The water was freezing cold. The kids found a jellyfish, so Anne threw it back--that's why they're all standing around her in the picture. Notice Abby keeps her distance! We felt very privileged for this to be our third day enjoying the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment