This was the first Sunday we didn't have lunch plans with anyone in the church, so we drove to a restaurant near Elgin. Baxters was a nice place that had a tea room, restaurant, shops, walking path, and kids' play area. It was a beautiful sunny day, so we enjoyed our lunch outside at a picnic table complete with umbrella and Michael Buble on the stereo. I almost felt like I was home in the States.
I couldn't resist taking a few photos of Abby, since she looked so pretty in her sundress. While she played, I browsed the shops. I plan to go back there to get some of the local jams, biscuits (Scottish shortbread cookies), and chocolate to take back home as gifts. I haven't gotten to shop much here (I keep reminding Jody that gift shops in museums do not count as real shopping). He keeps reminding me in turn that we have no room in our suitcases for extras. In my mind, where there's a will, there's a way!
No comments:
Post a Comment